Metamorph Group Limited ("Metamorph") is a holding company of various professional services with legal services at its core.
The Group acquires local law firms and prides itself on maintaining their brand identity and local service provision post acquisition. The law firms practice under a number of trading styles.
This position is within Metamorph Group Services Limited. This company employs support staff delivering key supplies support services to the wider Metamorph Group companies.
Purpose of role/role objectives
- Assist and supporting the team by undertaking a range of tasks which underpin the Group risk and compliance strategy.
- Pro-actively raising the profile of risk and compliance and promoting a compliance culture.
- Assisting in developing implementing, maintaining and enhancing applicable policies, procedures and controls of the organisation.
- Researching and advising on various compliance issues and responding to ad hoc queries from the Group in relation to these areas.
- Providing expert guidance on the application of applicable regulation and internal policies in particular with matter inception process, conflicts and financial crime compliance.
- Managing complaints in accordance with the Group policy.
- Handling data protection breaches and responding to individuals requests to enforce data protection rights.
- Identify, implement and monitor processes to prevent instances of non-compliance.
- Manage mySRA and other regulatory registrations for the Group.
- Manage the Groups practicing certificate renewals.
- Assist the Conveyancing Department with Lender Panel management.
- Undertake training that is required in order to perform the duties of the role.
- Any other task reasonably expected.
Candidates must be or have most (if not all) of the following:
- Similar experience within a law firm.
- An understanding of law firm operations and the compliance framework within which they operate.
- The ability to work at a Group level and working alongside a diverse collection of brands.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to command respect quickly but avoiding confrontation
- The ability to build strong working relationships with key individuals.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- A positive, ambitious attitude.
- A pragmatic problem solver.
- Reliable, committed, loyal and hardworking.
- IT literate and capable.
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail.
Additional notes or information
This role may require travel to various Group offices as required to fulfil the responsibilities.
The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not exhaustive and are subject to change in accordance with the needs of the Group.
Information on how we handle applicants’ personal data is available on our website.