At Beeton Edwards we pride ourselves on providing our nationwide clients with honest, cost effective and reliable legal services.
As one of the largest providers of conveyancing in the UK, we have many clients who return to us for our fast, modern service and our dedication to client care.
This role is to be based in our Southampton Office
You will be an experienced conveyancer, with the ability to deliver over budgets. Acting as principal case handler of all transactions allocated, you will be expected to deliver the highest possible legal and service standards. We expect our staff to lead by example, and to work with the firm to embrace new technology and changes in the way that conveyancing services are delivered.
Area of Accountability
What you will need to succeed:
- To take responsibility for a varied caseload of residential conveyancing matters including sale and purchase transactions of freehold, leasehold, registered, unregistered, shared ownership, new build properties and Limited Company transactions.
- To proactively and efficiently progress conveyancing tasks throughout the whole transaction, whilst managing client expectations.
- To maintain regular contact with clients and ensuring regular updates are provided within agreed internal and external SLAs and within company procedures.
- To act in accordance with our regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrate excellent customer care skills.
- To deal with other side solicitors, mortgage lenders, brokers, clients and other stakeholders in a professional manner.
- Contribute to a culture of teamwork and high performance
- Identify and refer complex queries to your line manager promptly for assistance and guidance when appropriate
- In addition to the above, undertake any ad hoc duties when reasonably required.
For a confidential conversation or further details about this role, please contact Dawn Everton on the details provided
- Proven experience handling a range of residential property matters.
- The ability to progress transactions and manage caseload with minimal supervision.
- Capable of building strong and effective relationships
- Deliver SLAs.
- Have a good understanding of the SRA Code of Conduct and any other regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work quickly and maintain high levels of accuracy.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and adapt to meet client and business needs.